18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return."
If you are ready to accept Gods Son and have faith in him, here are the simple steps in becoming a child of God:
1) You must repent. You must admit you are a sinner; you have rebelled against a Holy and Loving God. There must be a change of Heart- a genuine sorrow and shame for your sin.
2) You must have Faith in Jesus Christ. You must accept Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and Christ died for the ungodly and sinners. It means to believe in the power and love of Jesus to save you. It means trusting Jesus to make you right with God.
3) You must confess. The Bible says that if you confess with your mouth "Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved.
4) Pray. You are now able to speak to God as your Father, something that you have never been able to do before.
One last thing, begin a relationship with fellow believers by attending church and getting involved in Christs ministry and work. God does not promise life on earth will be made easier- He is not a genie in a bottle. But he promises to be there for you always. He promises you eternity where all tears will pass away. You will be truly blessed by seeking a strong relationship with your Savior- Jesus Christ. God has wonderful things awaiting us in heaven. Look at who you have now become in Christ Jesus:
Who You Are Now in Christ! (Gods Promises to You!)
1) You are a Child of God. John 1: 12 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (NIV)
2) You are a Friend of Jesus Christ. John 15: 15 15Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends;
3) You are Justified (As if you have not sinned!). Romans 5: 1 1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
4) You will never be Condemned! Romans 8: 1-2 1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
5) God Loves You Forever! Romans 8: 35 & 38-39 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
6) You will live in Heaven! Philippians 3: 20 20But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, (NIV)
7) You are a Saint. Ephesians 1: 1 to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
8) You are Redeemed and Forgiven! Colossians 1: 14 14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
9) You are an adopted Child of Christ! Ephesians 1: 5 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
10) God has prepared a Special Place for You! 1 Corinthians 2: 9 9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
This is only a sampling of what God has in store for you! Welcome to the Kingdom of God!